Jumlah posting : 32
Reputasi : 0
Join date : 14.01.11
Age : 21
Lokasi : Salatiga,Jawa Tengah,Indonesia
|Subyek: Chapter 16 V4.1 - IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:57 pm|| |
Which two advantages are attributed to a hardware firewall when compared to a software firewall? (Choose two.)
– It does not impact the processing performance of the equipment it protects.
– It is designed to protect more than one computer.
Windows XP should be updated on a regular basis. In which situation should automatic updates be disabled?
– Users accessing the network using a dial-up connection need to control when the updates are downloaded and installed.
Which important feature is offered by the USB standard?
– It can supply power from the computer to devices.
Which two hashing algorithms are used to ensure that messages are unaltered during transmission? (Choose two.)
Which Windows XP command initiates a backup from the command line?
After a technician collects information from the computer, which two sources can provide the technician with possible solutions for various types of network-related problems? (Choose two.)
– the manufacturer FAQ for network devices
– technical websites
Which data security technology takes the form of an object which must be close to a computer before the user can successfully submit a username and password?
– security key fob
Which physical security technology uses an embedded integrated circuit chip to store data safely and is commonly used in secure ID badges?
– smart card
What are two features of Windows Vista Backup? (Choose two.)
– The backup files have the extension .zip.
– The backup files can be saved to another connected computer or server.
Why should the default username and password be changed as soon as an access point is powered on and accessed?
– The change provides a minimum level of security to the access point.
A customer has a web server for a small business. The business uses both wired and wireless networking. A Linksys WRT300N wireless router provides wireless and wired connectivity. What firewall option may be enabled in order for customers to gain access to the web server from their remote locations?
– port forwarding
What is a feature of the firewall capability when Windows Vista is the operating system?
– The firewall can be managed manually by permitting or allowing specific ports.
A user reports that the antivirus software on a computer is always turned off when the computer is restarted, despite being reactivated each time the computer starts up. Further investigation by the technician shows that the Internet browser also displays an incorrect homepage. What is the probable cause of these problems?
– The computer has been infected with spyware.
What can a homeowner who has a wireless router do to hide the wireless router signal from the surrounding neighbors?
– Disable SSID broadcast.
A network administrator is trying to change the account name of a user but cannot make the changes. What could be a possible cause?
– The administrator does not have the correct permissions to make the change.
After logging into a computer, a user is unable to access the CIW folder. Access to this folder is necessary to complete an assignment. Which two actions can the administrator take to provide the user access to the folder? (Choose two.)
– Give the person rights to the CIW folder.
– Add the user to a group that has the rights to the CIW folder.
Which issue should be addressed in the detailed information that is provided by a local security policy?
– the types of intrusions that are covered by the policy
Which two factors should management consider when developing a security policy? (Choose two.)
– expense of the security protection
– the costs that are associated with data loss
What are two interrelated aspects that would be involved in the physical security of an organization? (Choose two.)
– type of Layer 2 devices that are used within the network
Why would security application software be implemented on a network?
– to protect the operating system